Friday, March 19, 2010

My favorite day is Friday

I don't get a whole lot of sleep during the week. Those of you who know us know that we are "night owls" and we never go to bed before midnight and usually it's even later than that. On the days I teach preschool, I am up around 6 a.m. and running like a crazy person, nonstop until noon. So, Thursday at noon is when my weekend officially begins. Saturday and Sunday I get up with Destrie and make his breakfast, these are Kile's days to try and sleep in because like me, he gets very little sleep during the week. Back to the main point of this post-

Friday is my favorite day.
1) I get to sleep in
2) I have the whole day to do whatever I want. It's never terribly exciting, but Destrie and I have a routine that I plan on and look forward to all week and I can get caught up on cleaning and laundry and mundane chores of that sort.
3) The girls get home early and we usually hang out and have a fun lunch together-sometimes we go shopping.
4) It's the start of my weekend with Kile and we always do something fun, even if it's just "date night" in the basement and staying up way too late.

It's disappointing when circumstances beyond my control alter my Friday routine. I know I probably sound like a baby, but I really enjoy my Fridays.

Madee called from school, sick this morning. This means no sleeping in today and a sick child-not fun. Oh well, here's to hoping I can get back to my routine next Friday...

No comments: