Friday, March 5, 2010

I think (fingers crossed) he's gone...

Sometime last weekend, a little orange and white striped cat showed up at our house. It kept hanging around. After a day or so when it was still here, I had Madee give it some Cheerios in milk-(I didn't have any cat food). Destrie and Madee would go outside and play with the cat and then came the question, "Can we keep him?" I am not a pet person and neither is Kile. The parents at this house are perfectly happy with being a no pet family. Kiley doesn't like cats either. Anyway, I was considering letting them keep the cat as long as it stayed outside and was not a bother. Well, that's when this cat got really irritating. It tried to run in our house every time we opened the door- front and back. It kept getting in the garage and it took forever to get it out. And that's not all. It would stand on our back porch and meow all night long. We had been feeding it and the kids had been playing with it, but I guess that wasn't enough for this cat. At this point, even Madee and Destrie didn't want it any more. We made several phone calls and could not find out who this cat belonged to. Preschool drop off time was a nightmare because the cat was such a distraction to the kids- they wanted to chase it all over the place and the rule is that you have to stay on the porch during drop off time. Long story short,I heard the cat meowing on the porch about 4:30 Wednesday morning, and that was the last time we have heard or seen the cat. I hope it found it's way back home to it's family. Madee says her friend told her that she thinks the cat belonged to a lady who lives on the corner south east from us. I don't know, but I am oh so glad it's gone and I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

No comments: