Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I could have hung out with Bo and Luke...

Last night I was going to take Madee and her friend to the movie. I hadn't made dinner yet, so I was going to hit McDonald's and pick her up something on the way. So, I am headed down the road to McDonald's and the battery light comes on in my car... it keeps flashing on and off. I keep driving, order Madee's food, and am driving forward to get it, when it happens ... the car dies. I try to start it, it won't start and there is now a car behind me. I try to start it again- no luck. I get out and tell the guy behind me to just pull out around me. He asks if I need help, he says he has no shoes on but he will help me push it forward and out of the drive through. I tell him ya, let's push it, my daughter will steer. Madee gets behind the wheel and we push. The car goes forward, picking up speed, the guy who is helping says I hope she knows to put on the brake. I yell at Madee to step on the brake, and she does WHEW! I tell the guy thanks and he goes back to his car. In the meantime, Madee takes her foot off the brake, the car is on a slight hill at this point and starts rolling forward, towards Main Street! I am by the side of the car, I run as fast as I can, throw open the car door and jump inside, slamming on the brakes, and stopping just before we hit the curb. Dang! It was just like the Dukes of Hazard! (That was one of my favorite shows when I was little.) Seriously though it was pretty scary.

No comments: