Thursday, September 3, 2009

In the last 2 weeks, I have heard about 2 car accidents. Both of these accidents resulted in people losing their lives when their vehicle rolled and they were ejected from their vehicle. The reason this has been on my mind lately is because I was involved in a roll over car accident when I was in high school. Those of you who know Kile and I well, probably already know this story. For this who don't- here is a brief description.

It was October, 1989. Kile and I had gone to a Golden Eagles hockey game in SLC. We were on our way home, driving through Cache Junction- on our way to Clarkston, when we hit a deer. We hit the deer, the car slid, and we rolled 3 times, stopping upside down in a field. The passenger side window broke during the roll over and I was thrown out of the car. The details of this accident were told to me by others, because I remember none of it. The last thing I remember about this incident, was seeing the deer and knowing that we were going to hit it and then... the lights went out.

Long story short, I walked away from this accident with several scars and a compression fracture in my back - which I won't lie is pretty painful still- almost every day of my life. But, at least I walked away. Many others have not been so lucky.

So, the reason for this post... I am so thankful for my life and the fact that I survived this accident. Everytime I hear about someone elses loss- that resulted from a rollover accident like mine, it really gets to me. I don't know why my life was spared, but I am so very greatful it was. I feel so very bad for these people whose lives were tragically cut short.

1 comment:

Kaiann said...

I am very grateful that you were spared as well! That is so scary! It is heartbreaking to hear about these tragedies and it is a good reminder to be grateful for those we love as well, you never when it will be their time to be called home.