Friday, September 25, 2009

Breakfast

I love breakfast. It is probably my favorite meal. I usually wake up starving every morning. And let's just face it- breakfast food is the best! The problem is that no one else at our house has the same admiration for it as I do.

When Kile and I got married, I had every intention of getting up every morning and cooking him breakfast before he went to work. My mom had always done that for my dad when I was growing up. In my world, that's just what people did. I found out however, that this was not the case. Kile informed me that he was not a fan of breakfast, he didn't want it, and there was no need for me to get up and cook it for him. Oddly enough I was a little bit sad about this.

As we had kids, I hoped that I could cook breakfast for them, and I tried. Funny thing is that when I would cook breakfast for them, 2 things usually happened. 1) they would not eat it or 2) they would tell me, "We don't want that, we want cereal."

I still usually get up on Saturday and make breakfast and as usual no one wants it. I have even taken Kile breakfast in bed, he tries to humor me and eat it, but I can tell he is force feeding himself just for me. So, here I am in this family of non-breakfast eaters. What's a girl to do? Maybe I should invite some people over who like breakfast, and I could cook for them...

No comments: