Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The lengths I will go for a Diet Coke



I am sick.  Really sick and of course, I have lost my voice.  This morning I just wanted some breakfast and a Diet Coke. I didn't feel up to making any breakfast and there was no Diet Coke in the house.  So, I had a great idea...I would hit McDonald's, get a breakfast combo and a large Diet Coke.  Oh wait, I can't talk... no one will be able to hear me when I try to order at  the drive through.

So then, I get the idea to have Destrie order for me.  We pull up to order, and I tell him what to say.  "Tell them we want a #3 combo,"  I say.

Destrie says, "I want a #3 condo."   The girl taking the order was perplexed...I could tell by her voice.  "What do you want?" she says.  "Say combo, not condo,"  I tell Destrie.

  This time he got it right.  I know the girl was wondering why a child was placing an order, but you know what, I didn't even care.  I got my breakfast and a Diet Coke and all is good with the world. 

Oh wait, no it's not...I am still sick and I still can't talk....Grrrr

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry Jen. This sucks. Get better soon!

sarah louise said...

Sorry you are sick! That is a super funny story though.

Fishers said...

So sorry:( Let me know if you need anything...some soup, a 12 pack, anything :)

Jen said...

Thanks everyone!