Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Winner

This morning, we were up early to hear Madee being wished a Happy Birthday on Kix 96.7
Right after they announced the birthdays, they announced that they were giving away concert tickets for Leigh Ann Womack or Neal McCoy to the first callers. Just for kicks, I told Madee to call and ask for Neal McCoy tickets.

The first call- busy.
Second call- busy.
Third call- it rings!!

I hear Madee say, "Have you gotten rid of the Neal McCoy tickets yet?" The radio announcer asks her how many tickets she would like, she tells them my name and Yay! we won the tickets! Those of you who know me, know that I am not in to country music. I was back in the day, but that's another story. I did have a Neal McCoy CD about 10 years ago so I could totally get in to seeing him in concert and I could probably sing along to a few songs.

We got online to find out where the concert was and it turns out it is in Wendover. So, Madee won tickets to a concert she can't even go to...no one under 21 admitted. Although it was Madee's birthday, I ended up getting a present.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds fun! Another fun concert to check out is coming to my sister's restaraunt in Huntsville. Of course it is another country band but everyone could attend and they are AWESOME in concert. DUE WEST is their name. July 15th. Let me know if you want more info.