Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me

When I went out to set up for preschool for this morning, I found out that there was no water. I turned on the tap in the bathroom and nothing came out. I went home and told Kile, "We may have a problem." And we did. Obviously the water line was frozen somewhere. Kile set up a heat lamp before he went to work. I checked during preschool, hoping the line had unfrozen- no such luck. So, I went through my work day with no running water (the toilet wouldn't flush either), thankfully that was not a problem.

Anyway, long story short, Kile spent several hours after work tonight thawing out the line- with help from our friend Brett Miller. Yay! It's fixed for now. So to explain the title of this post, I am so grateful for people who will take the time to help others. Thank you Kile- you are always there for me. Thank you Brett for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us.

So, no official activity today. But I know that I felt the true spirit of Christmas as others reached out to help me.

No comments: