Friday, September 26, 2008

Let There Be Light

So, yesterday was a pretty good day. I finally have electricity in my preschool! We have LIGHT now and there will be no more having to use extension cords to run the computers and my music. Thank you so much to Cole Richards for coming and getting this done for us. And most of all I need to thank Kile, he has worked so hard making this all come together, not to mention making it happen financially. Things are really beginning to come together and I believe I can see the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.
I have to admit I have been a little bit grouchy lately. I have been a pessimist and probably not very fun to be around. There has been a lot of drama going on lately and my house is a mess and I am behind on the laundry and the list goes on..... Last night we watched part of the movie "Multiplicity" starring Michael Keaton. If you haven't seen the movie, Michael Keaton's character has himself cloned so he will have more time to enjoy life and still be able to get his never ending list of things done. Kile and I decided that we would need probably 5 or 6 of him and at least 3 of me to get everything done!
Much to Michael Keaton's dismay, even with 4 of him running around, things don't really get any better, in fact a lot of things get worse. Watching this movie, I had a bit of a "LIGHT BULB" moment (you know the thing Oprah talks about all the time). Anyway, this guy in the movie was so stressed an overwhelmed (just like I have been feeling) that he couldn't be happy with himself. So I'm watching this movie thinking, "WOW, this guy feels like I do ." By the end of the movie everything got figured out and was o.k. I realized that I need to just chill out and do the best I can and not get so stressed out and be so grumpy. So, I resolved to start today anew and just be happy and enjoy life, even if my house isn't as clean as I would like it to be and things that should be done are not.
There's always tomorrow and life is too short to spend it in the dark.

No comments: