Monday, May 24, 2010

Shrek





We went to see Shrek on Friday when it came out. We have always been Shrek fans at our house. I really liked this movie. There were 3 things in this movie that really related to me.

#1 Shrek was pretty high strung and uptight about almost everything in his life at the start of the movie...that's exactly how I have been feeling lately.

#2 "On Top of the World" by the Carpenters was in the movie. You probably didn't know this about me, being the 80's rocker that I am, but I LOVE the Carpenters. It takes me back, to being 8 years old, in Grandma's basement listening to an 8 track of Carpenters songs...ahhh the good old days.

#3 Another song that I like, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benetar was in this movie. I got to "perform" to that song when I was in the 4rth grade. I still remember the dance and when we hear the song, I do the dance for my kids!!

It's a good movie, one I will be adding to my DVD collection.

Oh, and one more thing,
We are currently in the process of collecting all the Shrek toys from McDonalds.

No comments: