Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Day of Fun

I know this is long, but read it anyway. I promise it's worth it !


Well today is the first official day of pheasant hunting. This whole thing is pointless, if you want my opinion. I refuse to eat pheasant (never have, never will) but hours are spent by my husband each year hunting these birds. I'm sure it's just a guy thing that I will never understand. So go ahead and have fun guys=)

The kids and I made our own plans for this Saturday. We started off with lunch at Olive Garden (this is where we go to eat when Kile is not with us-he HATES Olive Garden.) We were enjoying a lovely lunch at Olive Garden, Madee and Destrie where enjoying their vanilla shakes (which are delicious by the way) and I was having my usual soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch. Kiley ordered the calamari appetizer. Today was the first time I tried calamari and it wasn't bad. We were almost done eating when Kiley tossed a sugar packet at me across the table because I was teasing her about tractors- but that's another story for another time. Anyway, Destrie wanted to play also so he grabbed a sugar packet and and "hucked" it across the table trying to hit Kiley. The boy has a good arm on him and he threw it pretty hard, launching it over in to the booth behind us, hitting a guy in the head! I profusely appologized, this guy just laughed. Thankfully he was a nice guy and not an uptight snob.

We left the restaurant and headed to Ellen Eccles Theatre to see "Thoroughly Modern Millie." Kiley's friend Brock was in it. We saw him perform last year in High School Musical. Going to watch Brock perform is becoming a yearly tradition. We were walking into the theatre and guess who is walking in right behind us? Ya you guessed it... the guy from the restaurant that Destrie just hit with the sugar packet! The guy laughed and said to Destrie, "No more throwing sugar packets at me!" The musical was good and we had a great time.

After that, we went to Sam's Club. As we were walking in we passed a man who was wearing an eye patch. Destrie saw him and said very loudly, "Hey look! Its a pirate!!!" And then we saw the old guy that was in Napolean Dynamite! You know- the farmer that talked about the Shoshone arrowheads. It was a great day.

We now need to plan an adventure for next Saturday as I am sure that Kile will be wandering the hills again in search of those stupid birds.

1 comment:

Kaiann said...

Lol!!! What a fun day! I love Olive Garden and always get their calamari, it is the best! Even Kevin likes it and that is saying something.